Friday, February 14, 2014

Sunday February 2, 2014

Up early to hop a tricycle with Allen and Fely to the bus depot.  I was on a Partas Air Con #31288  to head south to Manila.  The bus left Bangued at 5:15 AM. 
  There were 'unofficial'stops--to see if folks by side of road wanted to buy a ticket and get on--and official stops for food and to use the CR.   The bus filled up to even a few sitting on stools in the aisle and one standing for a while.   Of course, there were 'unofficial' stops to let folks off where they wanted off along the way, too.

I was glad to ride in the day time so I could see more of the island.   I noted a few hand pumps for water.  I saw several basketball courts--many had lights for playing early or late.
basketball court behind tree..taken out bus window
   I saw a sign for a landfill.  I saw a coca-cola bottling plant.
Churches or signs for churches:  Pentacostal, UMC, Baptist, JW, Mormon, inglesia ni cristo, Catholic, Church of Christ, C & MA, 7th Day Adventist.
Businesses:  pawn shops, pharmacies, 7-11, funeral home, money changer, salons, motorcycle shops, bicycle shops, vulcanizing, furniture, dress/sewing/tailoring, sugar cane mill, sand and gravel, concrete block making place, .....
Gas stations:  CalTex, Shell, Flying V, Curry gas, Petron, Centrum, Amugay......
I saw someone hand spraying in a field--for weeds?   for bugs??
I saw a very few satellite dishes and some cell phone towers--seemed like everyone had a cell phone.

I arrived at the Cuboa stop in Manila about 3:30 PM, I believe.   Tim arrived and we took a taxi to the building where the church is that they attend; where is car was parked.    We went up top and I got some good view shots of Manila.  

Arrived back at  Tim & Cleo's home about 5 Pm for a delicious supper.  Got to meet a sister of  Cleo's.
early to bed.  definitely warming up in Manila--put the fan on in the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment