Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Monday, January 20, 2014


The men were off to continue construction on the first house.




 

no power tools







coconut shell better than a shovel
 

1/8" thick plywood walls


dirty kitchen is the covered area over dirt on right







Hey men!  Need you to post/comment on your impressions and experiences.  Pastor Revie was busy getting supplies and taking the men out.  Brent had returned to Mandaue City due to appointments.  Chris drove up arriving Monday morning--yea!  She brought my two suitcases which had been left behind.  



Hum…looking at my notes I suddenly 'blank'.   I do know that we ate lunch and had a bit of a rest because an appointment got cancelled.   Then Marj, Sarah, and I took off with Pastor Revie to do a group CPE in 4 places.   We had fun when we were headed to our last stop of the afternoon.  We turned down a dirt--no, due to rain, muddy road--to head into a grove of coconut trees:   an area called Calubihan.   The sisters were in the back of the small pickup with Jemalyn, I believe, while I rode in the cab.   We came to a very large mud puddle, but Pastor Revie looked at it and thought he would do fine.  We were halfway through when thump!   Down dropped the right front tire and I was thinking the entire vehicle would turn on the passenger/right side and I'd be in the puddle!!    One of the girls nearly went over the back.    Once Pastor got out, I climbed out the driver's door.





 We girls walked on in to the community while Pastor figured out how to get out of the puddle.         Limwel--I hope I have his name spelled correctly--is a studying to be a teacher--and goes to this small community once a week.  He translated as I shared my story.   This community was impressed upon my heart.












Upon our return (Pastor made a way through sugar cane around the large, deep puddle), Chris, Donna and I were taken by Chris with Beth to the home of her coworker, where we did the basic CPE--Donna shared her story and I went through the questionnaire.     It was a delightful evening getting to know the couple and hear their experience of typhoon Yolanda.  Sorry, we didn't take pictures there, I guess.

Chris and Liz and  Donna were with Pastor Henry for the day--
 


 


 


 


 


 


 



Since I wasn't in these areas, I can't say which pictures were Siocan and which were Daking Babay--all areas in Bogo City.  






Dirty laundry got gathered to take to a laundry the next day……

Marj and Sarah--need you two to make comments as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment